Background to Affiliate Marketing
In this article I wish to share one of two opportunities I demonstrated in a ‘Making money online’ seminar. The opportunity is based on Jumia Ghana Affiliate Marketing programme. Thankfully, my recent academic research on digital platforms has made me discover some new platforms that afforded digital entrepreneurship and income-earning opportunities. Therefore, more platforms would be share here in the near future.
Jumia Ghana Affiliate Marketing programme
Jumia Ghana has over these few years have presented itself as a leading e-commerce platform in the country. With its presence in other African countries comes country-specific affiliate marketing programmes for Nigeria (see this too). Unfortunately, as at writing this post, there isn’t an authoritative guide from a user perspective for Jumia Ghana. I have found this post very educative, and would thus follow and adapt its structure to craft guidelines for using Jumia Ghana. I am much interested in Jumia’s programme because one could earn up to 11% commission on the products purchased through an affiliate’s link. To receive this commission, you need to do the following.
- Register for free and get approved to become an affiliate the next day.
- Advertise Jumia Ghana products using your affiliate link on various media including blog, Facebook, Twitter and even Whatsapp.
- Get Paid through the bank account details you have provided on your affiliate account for the hard work you have done.
- Optimise using the comprehensive reporting tools available so you can push more efforts into the advertising channels that fetch more for you.
- A functional social media platform e.g. blog or website (preferably), Facebook, Twitter, or Whatsapp.
- A bank account.
- A working email address.
How to Register for the Jumia Ghana Affiliate Programme
- Click here to visit Jumia Ghana Affiliate registration page.
- Ensure that you select Individual under Account type. Complete the rest of the registration form.
- Click on Start Earning.
- Check your email inbox for a message from Jumia
- Use the link provided in the email message to Jumia Affiliate Set your password.
How to Advertise as a Jumia Ghana Affiliate Marketer
- Visit Jumia Ghana website and identify a product you would like to promote on your social media accounts e.g. this mouse and earphone bundle.
- Copy the product’s URL (from the browser’s address bar).
- Click here (in another browser tab) to log in to your affiliate dashboard.
- Click on Link Builder on your left-hand side.
- Under Offer, choose Jumia Ghana.
- Inside Page URL, paste the URL of the product you want to promote.
- (Optional) Inside SUBID1 write the name of the platform on which you want to promote the selected product. You can use one SUBID for each platform. E.g. I put Youthcreek there because that is where I will put this URL. You need a unique URL for each subbid / promotional platform.
- Copy the Final URL for use in promoting the product on your desired platform. If this is for Youthcreek (as I entered in SUBID1), I can copy and paste it somewhere, then I empty the SUBID1 box and enter a new platform (e.g. Whatsapp) in SUBID2 to generate a new URL for that platform. The essence here is to help you track which platform is generating more traffic and conversions for you.
Look out for future updates to this article. If you are looking for one of ten ideas you want write down today, joining Jumia’s affiliate programme should be one of them. You can leave your comments and questions below for prompt response. You can also send me a whatsapp message [on +233541003884] if you would like me to build a blog for you or to speak to your group on how to make money online.